The good weather just kept on coming here in Cambridge. So riding high on the confidence we'd gleaned from our success with the floor, we set about putting some walls on our wheels!
We built our walls horizontally on mum and dad's kindly donated driveway, then carried them and screwed them in place with temporary supports.
Our dream of nailing it all together like a big k'nex model was dashed on the harsh rocks of reality. We spent many hours correcting for slight errors in our own measurement, and in the thickness and straightness of the wood that added up to cause major wonkeyness.
But with more than a little help from builder-dad Grant, we got there!
Our house was now quite visible from the road, so a steady stream of cars, bikes and walkers were slowing down for a geez by this point, some even stopping by to say hello.
Four walls up, and the house was starting to look more like a house. All aboard the tiny train, next stop: Roof City!
the next step was to add strengthening steel strapping to all the key joints. We don't want it flying to bits as it thunders down State Highway 1!
Big thanks to Peter and Amy, our jet-setting reinforcements from the UK!