Things are heating up here in Cambridge!
But far from wilting under the sudden onslaught of summer, we're thriving, and we have something that resembles a house a little more each day. It's difficult to believe that just three weeks ago we were arriving back in town with an empty trailer!
As always, we've been busy since our last update, working away to try to get her wrapped up and safe from the afternoon thunderstorms.
But first, the little matter of making sure she doesn't collapse under her own weight...
By this point it had begun to rain regularly in the afternoons, our temporary polythene cover was looking worse for wear, and we were getting worried about our wood warping and leaving us with a Salvador Dali house.
We needed a roof!
Roofing, it turns out, is hot work. But after a couple of days roasting in the sun, and several dozen ice-blocks, we got the colorsteel up.
Anxious to protect our wooden walls and floor, we moved quickly on to the building-wrap. We went with a Barricade flame retardant wrap, suitable for direct fixed cladding like we're planning to install.
We're starting to get a good idea of what the house will be like inside and out now. Exciting times!